Australian Visa/ Student Visa Australia
As an aspiring student in Bangladesh, studying in Australia is opens several opportunities to grow your career. The exposure to the Aussie lifestyle and culture along with the professional lifestyle can help you to shape your career in the best possible manner.
Australia is one of the top hubs that houses top tier universities, English language schools and other vocational colleges. As a Bangladeshi student, if you wish to gain all the exposure with an extended stay time in Australia, applying for an Australian student visa is your best bet.
Prior to planning your study, you need to decide on the course in Australia to study. As an international student who wishes to ensure approval of your Australian student visa application, you have the option to contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or a Registered Australian Visa Office.
As an international student wishing to study in Australia, it is important that you are knowledgeable about the Australian student visa procedures.
The set of documents needed to apply for student visa
Students wishing to study in Australia from Bangladesh usually must provide the following set of documents to apply for student visa:
- Identity: A copy of your passport along with birth certificate.
- Evidence of intended study: The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) granted by the University or College in Australia, where you intent to study.
- Welfare arrangements for under 18-year-old student
- If you are a student below the 18 years of age, you want to provide the proof of accommodation and other arrangements owing to your welfare.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC)
- Proof of wealth to cover the study fees and the accommodation requirements in Australia. You might need to show a proof of the capacity to raise minimum living cost in Australia (AUD$19,830 per year).
- Academic records and completed qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
Australian Student Visa and Work Conditions
Some of the student visa and work conditions in Australia are:
- You cannot start any paid work until your course commences.
- As a student in Australia, you can work 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and more than 40 hours per fortnight during the recognized holiday period.
- Voluntary work is not included in the 40 hours work limit
- If you are enrolled for an Australian masters by Research or Doctorate Course, you are not imposed with any work limit.
Some of the frequently asked questions regarding student visa Australia are as follows:
- Australia student visa when can I arrive
Once you have your student visa, you can arrive in Australia three months before the commencement of your course.
- Can I study in Australia without IELTS?
Usually, you need a minimum of English proficiency score between 5.5 to 6.5 or higher with respect to your choice of course level and university in Australia.
There are several scenarios where you can study in Australia without IELTS.
Work experience: University of Queensland does not require IELTS for applicants who have experience working in a company where the primary language of communication has been English. The applicant should also have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the same company.
International Baccalaureate Program: if you are certified under an international baccalaureate program, you can study in Australia without IELTS.
Some universities in Australia allow students to study without IELTS, provided they enroll in their own English course.
- How long is Australian student visa process?
The processing of student visa can take a minimum of four weeks.
- How much does Australian student visa cost?
The current cost for Australian student visa application (Subclass 500) is $560 AUD.
- Australia student visa how long can I stay
For courses that spans below 10 months, your student visa will be valid for a month extra and for courses that spans above 10 months, you will be given an extra 2 months.
- How can I renew student visa Australia?
You can renew your student visa with the help of a registered educational consultancy as long you are enrolled in a course registered under CRICOS.
Once you have decided on the course and university in Australia to study, the next step is to organize your visa and prepare all the documentations without fail. Are you in Bangladesh and need assistance with applying for student visa Australia? Do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.